Viewing strictly by appointment through the joint sole agents. Qualified buyers only.
The Paddocks from the roadside is a very attractive, period property that gives no clue to the scale of the accommodation set to the rear, designed to take best advantage of the extraordinary gardens. The property has been completely remodelled by the current owners to the highest standards both from a technical and aesthetic perspective. The main house comprises of 4 receptions rooms, high quality kitchen, leading into an Orangery, utility room off. On the first floor is a superb master suite including bedroom, bathroom, dressing room and study, 2 further bedrooms off a large landing. The second floor provides 2 further bedrooms and a bathroom.
An adjacent guest cottage is independently accessed, provides large hall, living room, cloakroom, dining kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
The accommodation is completed by a further cottage with living room, kitchen and first floor bedroom. The swimming pool has been cleverly conceived to blend in with the architectural style of the main house, superbly presented and arranged with windows and doors overlooking formal areas of the garden, similarly high quality changing room facilities.
The garage block has 2 courtyards with two independent driveways being accessed from Main Street and provides ample car standing and garaging for 4 cars.
The gardens are split into a series of areas with south facing terraces overlooking the formal areas of the garden with lawns beautifully designed, shrubs and herbaceous borders, contrasting with an orchard with meadow and wild flowers, superb walled kitchen garden, ancillary stores.
Burton Overy is unique in many respects. It is situated equidistant between Leicester and Market Harborough, the latter providing main line rail connection to London St Pancras in under an hour. Despite this the village is off the beaten track, relative to the vast majority of similar villages, has very little through traffic. Burton Overy has an extremely strong sense of community. It is a working village with some of the most attractive countryside on the doorstep with many scenic walks and views. The village offers a popular pub, church and village hall. The area is also extremely popular for those seeking access to local schooling of which Stoneygate School, Leicester Grammar are within a five minute car journey, with further afield the village of Oakham being less than approximately half-an-hour distance.
From Market Harborough or from Leicester travel into Great Glen via the London Road in a southerly direction, turn left at the signpost to Burton Overy, entering the village the property is located on the right hand side.
King West, their joint Agents (if any) and clients give notice that:
1. These property particulars should not be regarded as an offer, or contract nor part of one. You should not rely on any statements by King West in the particulars, or by word of mouth or in writing as being factually accurate about the property, nor its condition or its value. We have no authority to make any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility.
2. The photographs illustrate parts of the property as were apparent at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate only.
3. Any reference to the use or alterations of any part of the property does not imply that the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents have been obtained. It is the responsibility of a purchaser or lessee to confirm that these have been dealt with properly and that all information is correct.
4. King West have not tested any services, equipment or facilities, the buyer or lessee must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
5. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce satisfactory proof of their identification and address at the point any sale is agreed in order to comply with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. King West asks for your co-operation in this regard. June 2019