The site is located in the hamlet of Knaptoft, which lies off the Welford Road to the north of Kilworth and is set in open countryside. It enjoys wide ranging views over the surrounding agricultural land and is located next to the former site of St Nicholas Church, which is classified as a scheduled ancient monument.
North Kilworth (4.3 miles to the south), has a good range of local facilities and services including a primary school, a garage/general store /post office/filling station and sports facilities, as well as the prestigious Kilworth House Hotel. Arnesby (2.6 miles to the north) has a primary school. Further facilities are available at Husbands Bosworth (3.7 miles) as well as in the towns of Market Harborough and Lutterworth.
The site has been occupied by farm buildings until recently, together with the Grade ll Listed remains of Knaptoft Hall and the present farm house, as well as a former farm worker's dwelling, workshop and stores. Most of the farm buildings will have been removed or demolished except those that are the subject of conversion or refurbishment. In total the site extends to 3.87 acres (1.57 hectares)
The site benefits from the following planning permissions:
REF NO: 16/01062/FUL
For the demolition of two existing dwellings and an agricultural workshop and the erection of two detached dwellings as well as change of use of agricultural land to residential curtilage in respect of 2 Knaptoft Farm Cottages dated 22nd September 2016 subject to conditions.
REF NO: 16/01063/FUL
For the erection of a two-storey side and rear extension, a new garage, demolition of existing garage and change of use of agricultural land to residential curtilage in respect of 1 Knaptoft Hall Farm Cottages dated 22nd September 2016 subject to conditions.
REF NO: 17/01270/FUL
For the demolition of the existing farmhouse and erection of replacement dwelling; conversion of former Tudor Manor House to residential ancillary accommodation; Conversion and erection of a single storey side extension to farm office/barn to form a single dwelling house; Demolition of agricultural buildings and structures and the erection of eight dwellings with associated access, parking and landscaping in respect of Knaptoft Hall Farm dated 17 January 2019 subject to conditions. There is a Section 106 Agreement dated 15th January 2019 relating to this permission concerning the restoration scheme to the Listed Building. There are no payments regarding commuted sums or for the provision of affordable housing. There is no liability for payment of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).
REF NO: 17/01271/LBC
For conversion of house to residential ancillary accommodation including the removal of leanto roof and wall to the north elevation: the
reinstation of windows; insertion of new openings to fenestration and internal alterations. Copies of all of the above documents and related drawings are available from the Sole Agents on request.
Mains electricity and water are connected to the site. Foul drainage to be to private treatment plant, surface water to soakaways and/or existing watercourse. Broadband available.
Harborough District Council, Symington Building, Adam & Eve Street, Market Harborough, Leics LE16 7AG Tel: 0845 300 3283.
The land is freehold and forms part of Land Registry Title no: LT243791. Vacant possession of the site will be given on completion.
An information pack containing Consultants' reports, planning permission details, the S106 Agreement and plot drawings as well as Services are available from the Sole Agents on request.
The Purchaser will be required to erect and thereafter maintain suitable stock-proof fencing (specification to be prior approved by the Vendor) to the boundaries of the site within six months of completion or prior to construction, whichever is the earlier.
The site is sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing wayleaves, easements, quasi-easements and rights of way, whether or not mentioned in these particulars.
METHOD OF SALE
The site is being offered for sale by private treat as a whole. Should the level of interest dictate, consideration will be given to using "highest and final bids" to bring the marketing to a conclusion.
An overage will be applied in the event that the purchaser obtains an increase in floor area or number of units in excess of that currently permitted. The precise terms of the overage are to be negotiated.
Strictly by prior appointment. As the site has recently been used as a working farm, prospective buyers are advised to wear suitable clothing and footwear and to take great care when accessing and inspecting the site. Parties visiting and inspecting the site do so at their own risk.
For Further Information and Arrangements to inspect the site, please contact Andrew Cowling at King West on 01858 435977
Market Harborough 7 miles
Lutterworth - 9 miles A14/M1/M6 junction at Catthorpe 12 miles A14 (Junction 1) 8 miles Rugby 15 miles Leicester 11 miles
(All distances are approximate)
King West, their joint Agents (if any) and clients give notice that:
1. These property particulars should not be regarded as an offer, or contract or part of one. You should not rely on any statements by King West in the particulars, or by word of mouth or in writing as being factually accurate about the property, nor its condition or its value. We have no authority to make any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility.
2. The photographs illustrate parts of the property as were apparent at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate only.
3. Any reference to the use or alterations of any part of the property does not imply that the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents have been obtained. It is the responsibility of a purchaser or lessee to confirm that these have been dealt with properly and that all information is correct.
4. King West have not tested any services, equipment or facilities, the buyer or lessee must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
5. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce satisfactory proof of their identification and address at the point any sale is agreed in order to comply with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. King West asks for your co-operation in this regard. May 2019