Garden Farmhouse is a striking and highly attractive Grade ll listed farmhouse that was originally built for King Edward lV in about 1475 as 'The New Inn' providing additional accommodation for guests for whom there was insufficient room in the Royal Castle of Fotheringhay next door. The house was remodelled in the 19th century and underwent a comprehensive modernisation, including being re-roofed with Collyweston slate, in 2002 by the current owners. The elegant accommodation is arranged over three floors (with the advantage of a large cellar) and has retained its 19th century grace, proportions and period
features, which include open fireplaces, window
shutters, panelled doors and moulded cornices.
Outside, there is an extensive range of traditional
outbuildings including garaging, original stables, an
office, a studio, a large two-story barn and numerous stores. The beautiful landscaped gardens surrounding Garden Farmhouse (in all about 1.3 acres), are wellstocked with a variety of shrubs, herbaceous plants and mature trees. There is a productive kitchen garden and ornamental pond. Adjacent to the gardens is a 6.5 acre field that is currently let to a shepherd for grazing.